Calibration Process Engineer
In-Office | Pittsburgh, PA
About ChemDAQ, Inc.
ChemDAQ, Inc., a rapidly-growing manufacturing company based in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Calibration Process Engineer. This opportunity comes at an exciting time for the prospective candidate, as long-term growth potential is available.
ChemDAQ manufactures and sells gas monitoring and control systems for hard-to-detect chemicals within the healthcare, food production and medical device manufacturing and industrial industries. All of our gas monitoring systems come equipped with an annual subscription to the Sensor Exchange Program (SXP). Under this program, we routinely ship pre-calibrated sensors to all of our customers at regularly scheduled intervals to ensure every ChemDAQ gas monitor in the market is calibrated properly and provides accurate and reliable readings to keep workers safe. To learn more, visit www.ChemDAQ.com/SXP-Exchange .
The company, and especially the SXP program, are rapidly expanding, and this position will help us scale our capabilities to meet customer demand.
- Lead efforts to increase throughput of gas sensor calibration by optimization of current processes and development of new technologies where needed
- Responsible for improving sensor calibration service quality through process improvement and optimization
- Perform detailed analysis to track and report on calibration improvement initiatives, sensor development and shipment forecasts, and other key metrics related to ChemDAQ’s Sensor Exchange Program (SXP)
- Investigate sensor failure modes and recommended changes, as applicable
- Navigate new product offerings related to sensors into production, and develop necessary methods and equipment for product development, production, and quality control
- Support the Technical Services Team to communicate directly with customers to understand and solve their problems related to sensors, as appropriate
- Work with suppliers, contractors and internal teams to improve the quality of existing products and introduce new products and processes as required
- Manage lab equipment and lead the commissioning of new equipment, as needed
- Thoroughly document processes and procedures related to sensor calibration and process improvement projects
- Collaborate with business partners to stand up new sensor calibration operations around the world
- Interact regularly with ChemDAQ leadership to report on sensor calibration progress and optimization efforts
Knowledge & Skills Required
Four-year degree in science or engineering or equivalent experience
Very strong analytical skills and ability to analyze complex data
Experience with Microsoft Access and database development (preferred)
Basic chemistry and/or electronic circuit experience (preferred)
Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
Self-starter capable of identifying problems and developing project plans to address those problems
Occasional travel may required
Paid time off
Flexible spending account
Don't see an opportunity you're looking for, but interested in joining our team? Follow us on LinkedIn to stay connected on new career opportunities