PAA - SYMPTOMS

Public Channel / General

355 views
0 Likes
0 0
Peracetic Acid (PAA) is a strong oxidant and highly reactive leaving no harmful residues, and is considered environmentally friendly. However, because of PAA’s high reactivity, it is potentially hazardous to anyone who is exposed to its vapors.

Share on Social Networks

Share Link

Use permanent link to share in social media

Share with a friend

Please login to send this document by email!

Embed in your website

Select page to start with

1. Peracetic Acid (PAA) is a strong oxidant and highly reactive leaving no harmful residues, and is considered environmentally friendly. However, because of PAA’s high reactivity, it is potentially hazardous to anyone who is exposed to its vapors. Peracetic Acid American Conference of Governmental Hygienists (ACGIH) Threshold Limit Values (TLV) 0.4 ppm (15 min TWA) PAA Vapor Exposure Guidelines Symptoms of PAA Vapor Exposure: Eye Discomfort and Redness, can lead to permanent eye damage. Prolonged exposure can cause coughing and permanent lung damage or pulmonary edema. Nose Bleeds can be a sign of damaged mucous membranes. ChemDAQ Inc. • 300 Business Center Drive • Pittsburgh, PA • 15205 • Phone 412.787.0202 • High or Repeated Exposure to PAA Can Be Dangerous!

Views

  • 355 Total Views
  • 268 Website Views
  • 87 Embedded Views

Actions

  • 0 Social Shares
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Dislikes
  • 0 Comments

Share count

  • 0 Facebook
  • 0 Twitter
  • 0 LinkedIn
  • 0 Google+