AAMI Offers New Training Video: Personnel Safety in Sterile Processing Departments
A new 60 minute training video on personnel safety in sterile processing departments, whose script was written by ChemDAQ’s Richard Warburton,
is now available from AAMI .
It includes practical guidance on:
- Legal duties and who’s who among the relevant regulatory agencies and professional organizations
- Common hazards encountered in the sterile processing department
- Bloodborne pathogens and infection prevention
- Proper selection, use, and disposal of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Relevant standards that pertain to the use of PPE, steam and chemical sterilization, and ethylene oxide
- Safe storage, handling, and disposal of contaminated items and chemical agents
- Key elements of engineering controls that promote safe handling of sterilants and high-level disinfectants
- Appropriate labelling of chemicals
- Responsibilities of employers and staff in preventing, managing, and reporting accidents in the workplace.
For more details visit the AAMI website at http://my.aami.org/store/detail.aspx?id=VID-PSSP