In-Office | Pittsburgh, PA
About ChemDAQ, Inc.
ChemDAQ, Inc., a rapidly growing manufacturing company based in Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to serve as a member of the company’s Engineering Department. The successful candidate will provide mechanical engineering expertise to the company as part of a small, multidisciplined Engineering team.
- Work with other departments to conceptualize, design and create new products that meet customer requirements.
- Design, generate and assemble working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration, as well as field testing and pilots.
- Develop testing processes and validate new designs to improve quality and performance of products.
- Provide quality assessment of products and troubleshooting of problems reported by customers or other departments and develop effective solutions.
- Improve and update the design of current products and develop improved test fixtures for production processes.
- As appropriate, manage projects through external vendors.
- Keep detailed documentation to track project development, design processes and facilitate transfer of new products or processes to production.
- Ensure project timelines are met and project stays within budget.
- Report on project status, risks, issues, and milestones regularly to company leadership.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or in a related field.
- 5+ years of experience working in a relevant engineering role.
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar.
- Experience designing instrumentation (preferred).
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending account
- Employee assistance program
Don't see an opportunity you're looking for, but interested in joining our team? Follow us on LinkedIn to stay connected on new career opportunities